Join Kathy and Dennis to deepen your yin practice and acquire more tools to teach yin yoga.
This training will be the perfect blend of lecture, yin yoga classes with live music and practice teaching.
Lecture with slides:
• A historical perspective of Yin Yoga and its roots
• Benefits of Yin Yoga
• The Basic 26 postures
• Meridian Theory and the use of Yin Yoga for targeted results
• Yin vs Restorative Yoga
• Yin Yoga for Athletes
• Teaching guidelines and how to design a practice
• Upon completion each student has the tools, practices and resources to lead Yin Yoga classes
• 3 Yin Yoga classes with live music (60 – 90 minutes each)
Duration: 14 – 17 hours; content: 50% discussion, 50% practice. Typical hours are Friday night 6 – 9pm, Saturday 9am – 5pm and Sunday 9am – 4pm. CEU’s available.
Space is limited, please register in advance here as spaces fill up fast!
Open to all students – no experience necessary and a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certificate is not required.
This unique weekend immersion will include:
– A historical perspective of Yin Yoga and its roots
– Yoga anatomy from a Yin perspective
– Meridian Theory and the use of Yin Yoga for targeted results
– Yin vs Restorative Yoga
– Teaching guidelines and how to design a practice
– Yin yoga sequences for various meridians and lifestyles
– Tools, practices and resources to lead yin yoga classes
Cost $300 – register here.
Recommended pre-reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark OR Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers.